Round 2 2017 – Leek
1st-Halton 256 points / 2nd-Winsford 254 points / 3rd-Leek 237 points / 4th-Wellington 180 points
Round 1 2017 – Wellington
Halton – 262 / Winsford – 247 / Leek – 225 / Wellington – 183
Round 3 – Buxton
Another fantastic result again for the Wellington Crusaders at Buxton last weekend.
With many of our Seniors missing for the gala, it was time for our younger swimmers to show just how hard they have been training over the last few months and “swim up” With some 11yr olds swimming in the Open Relays and 10yr olds in the 14s, coming away from Buxton having recorded a third team win out of three was a remarkable achievement and shows the strength in depth coming through for the years ahead.
Across the three galas there were some very notable individual performances:
A hat-trick of wins for: Sam Pryce (10u – 50 Breast), Abbey Laycock (12u – 50 Breast), Ross Davies (14u – 50 Free)
And a Double hat-trick of wins for: Poppy Reynolds (10u – 50 Free & 50 Breast)
But it was the whole team ethic and support for each other that stood out across all three Galas securing promotion into Division 2 for 2016. Well done to all swimmers and the coaching team!!
And a big thanks particularly to Melissa & Bev for their efforts behind the scenes. A great job done by all
Full results can be downloaded from the “Results” page
Round 2 – Market Drayton
Great performance at Market Drayton in Round 2. Another win and top of the table heading into the final round and the push for promotion. Well done team!
14th March 2015 – Mkt Drayton
1st Wellington 229
2nd Telford Aqua 212
3rd Buxton 198
3rd Whitchurch 198
5th Mkt Drayton 169
Full results download
Crusader Dates for 2015
April 11th – Buxton
The Crusader League consists of teams in and around the potteries area, with teams partaking from as far a field as Buxton in the east to Newport in the west, With galas held in the first few months of each year,
- The age groups are
- 10 and under
- 12 and under
- 14 and under
- The ages for these leagues are as at a fixed date determined by the last day of the competition each year.
- A swimmer must of reached 9years of age on or before the last day of the competition, usually towards the end of June.
- The changes to be introduced from 1st September 2007, now state that for Racing, that is speed swimming, the age of the swimmer will be calculated at midnight on the day of the event or the final day of a series of events forming part of one competition. ASA Law 411.5
- The minimum age for competing in Leagues is the same as Open competition as in ASA Law 411.5.3 being 9yrs. There is no difference between individual events and relays. This means that all competitors must be 9yrs old on the last day of your competition whenever that is
- As the League consist of a series of galas, members of each division host their own gala against other members of that division, with a system promotion and relegation between the divisions accordingly.
For more info check out the website below